On this edition of Media Mornings on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5FM:
- ( ( ( LISTEN TO PODCAST ) ) )
- Interview with Media Mornings’ Quebec correspondent Ethan Cox on the Parti Quebecois’ cancellation of tuition hikes and repeal of anti-protest laws.
- Interview with Karl Nerenberg, rabble.ca & Media Mornings Parliament Hill correspondent on the new session in Ottawa — the new, second omnibus budget omnibus implementation bill.
- Latin America report with Claudio Ekdahl, on the Breaking the Silence: People’s Tribunal on the case of the Cuban 5 — interview with Bill Sloane, one of the tribunal’s jurors.
Today’s News Headlines
- ANTI-ISLAM FILM PROTESTS: Two have been killed by police in Pakistan in protests near US embassy after anti-Muhammad US film sparked worldwide outrage.
- AUTO UNION DEAL: A tentative deal has been reached between the Canadian Auto Workers union and Ford Motors, putting pressure on Chrysler group to sign a similar deal, after threats of strike action.
- SEX WORKERS AT SUPREME COURT: The Supreme Court of Canada is ruling today on whether public interest standing can be accessed by Downtown Eastside sex worker advocates in a constitutional challenge.
- QUEBEC STUDENT VICTORY: Victory for Quebec students as Parti Quebecois Premier Pauline Marois repeals tuition hikes and anti-protest laws.