On this edition of Media Mornings on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5FM we discuss development in Vancouver.
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- Host: Jane Bouey.
- Interview with City Councillor Geoff Meggs about the Mayor’s Task Force on Affordable Housing.
- Interview with Kitsilano Arbutus Residents Association’s Desmond Berghofer about neighbourhood concerns about the development proposed for 16th and Arbutus, and movement to save the bowling alley.
- Interview with Stephen Von Szychowski of the Vancouver and District Labour Council talking about trade union issues that concern us all. Plus the upcoming BCFed Human Rights and Young Workers Conference.
- Our Latin America Report features Claudio Eckdahl analyzing the Venezuelan Election with Camilo Cahis of Hands off Venezuela – Canada.
- Molly Caron with the weather.
- BC: NORTHERN GATEWAY PIPELINE: Premier Christy Clark has been critical of the Enbridge Northern Gateway pipeline proposal in recent weeks. But as Bill Tieleman wrote on the Tyee website yesterday, the oil and gas industry has been a major contributor to the BC Liberals.
- CLIMATE CHANGE: This year will be the warmest on record in U.S. history, according to the latest National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration data.
- CANADA: CHILDREN’S RIGHTS: A United Nations review of Canada’s child-rights record says Ottawa is moving backwards with its changes to juvenile justice.
- GREEKS PROTEST GERMAN AUSTERITY: At least 50,000 protesters rallied in Athens yesterday to tell visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel she wasn’t welcome.
- NATO STEPS INTO TURKEY-SYRIA CONFLICT: NATO said yesterday that it has “all necessary plans in place” to come to Turkey’s assistance if clashes along the Syrian border escalate into war.
Music on today’s show:
Calle 13, latinoamerica