On this edition of Media Mornings on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5FM:
( ( ( LISTEN TO PODCAST ) ) )
- Host Jane Bouey interviews: Student activist Marianne Breton Fontaine about politics in Quebec; Joey Hartman of the Vancouver and District Labour Council about the CEP Convention and New Union project and the Walmart workers struggle in the US.
- Rueben George‘s speech at the Defend the Coast Rally – Victoria, Oct 22nd.
- On the Latin America Report – Claudio Eckdahl talks with Jaroslava Avila from the Women’s Coordinating Committee for a Free Wallmapu about the Mapuche struggle for Indigenous rights in Chile.
- NEWS Headlines:
- CBC Reports: A former New Democrat MP, Jim Manly, who was arrested on board a ship intercepted while travelling to Gaza has been released from Israeli custody.
- The Tyee reports: Opponents of pipelines and tar sands tanker traffic along the B.C. coast are holding another round of demonstrations across the province today.
- Corruption in the Quebec construction industry remains in the news as the Charbonneau Commission continues its hearings in Montreal – the Tyee.
- If you feel like you are working harder and enjoying it less, you are probably right, according to a new study of “well-being” among Canadians.
- Maan News reports that, Israeli forces have arrested four Gaza fishermen, according to Gaza’s ministry of agriculture.
- Six people have been killed in the African country of Guinea-Bissau when a group of soldiers attempted to seize control of a military airbase near the capital report the Morning Star.