W2MEDIA.CA | Listen to today’s broadcast of Media Mornings on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm: Host Jane Bouey with discussions of justice for women, workers organizing in Canada and around the world, and the Canada-Europe Trade Agreement (CETA).
( ( ( LISTEN TO PODCAST ) ) )
Or from 7-8 am play LIVESTREAM
- Interview with CUPE National President Paul Moist, from Durban South Africa, about what has just been learned from leaked documents re: Canada Europe Trade Agreement. Victory – water appears to have been excluded, but still major concerns.
- New report: Imagining Courts that Work for Women Survivors of Violence. Interview with author Darcie Bennett of Pivot Legal Society.
- Vancouver and District Labour Council President – Joey Hartman discussing BC Federation of Labour Convention.
- Kimball Cariou, Editor of People’s Voice discussing International Meeting of Communist and Workers Parties just held in Beirut.
- Breaking daily news headlines including:
- Former Vancouver 2010 Olympic head John Furlong has filed suit against the Georgia Straight editor Charlie Smith, publisher Daniel Mcleod , Vancouver Free Press Publishing Corp and journalist Laura Robinson. Reports from CBC and Vancouver Sun
- No classes during the day at all BCIT campuses today, Wednesday, except at the Aerospace Technology campus, as faculty and staff hold another one-day strike. CKNW
- Canada’s economy faces possible foreign and domestic shocks that could send the recovery off track, warns the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. CP
- The British Morning Star newspaper reports that tens of thousands of Bangladeshi clothes-makers filled the streets of Dhaka yesterday to demand justice for the 112 workers killed when a fire gutted the Tazreen Fashions factory.
- British trade unionists have condemned the country’s Conservative coalition government after a think tank exposed a scandal of working families living in poverty.
- An estimated 100,000 people rallied yesterday in Cairo, demanding that President Morsi withdraw a decree which vastly expands his personal power. RT News