W2MEDIA.CA | Listen to today’s 7-8am broadcast of Media Mornings on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- 7:00 — Today’s news headlines
- 7:15 — BC ELECTION: Interview with Vicki Huntington (Independent MLA, Delta South), who in 2009 became the first MLA elected as an independent candidate in B.C. since 1949. She talks with Media Mornings about problems with the partisan system, the benefits of being without a party discipline, and what needs to change in our government.
- 7:30 — Interview with Charlie Smith (editor, The Georgia Straight), about Downtown Eastside anti-gentrification protests, a 34-day hunger strike, and City Hall. Plus a review of the newly released BC NDP election platform, Kinder Morgan, and a promised new BC Rail scandal inquiry.
- 7:50 — Interview with Sukanya Pillay (Director of National Security, Canadian Civil Liberties Association, CCLA), about last night’s passing of controversial anti-terrorism legislation in Ottawa, which grant Canadian security officials “exceptional” powers to probe potential terrorist acts — powers that critics say trample on civil liberties. The law will enable preventive arrests, meaning Canadians can be held for up to three days without charge. And it opens the door to investigative hearings, where people can be compelled to testify under threat of 12-month long detention.
- Music: Passion Pit (“Take a Walk”), Low Key (“Too Much”), Lal feat. Kamau (“Alarm“), Metric (“Combat Baby”)
- Breaking daily news headlines from local to global – radio news you won’t hear anywhere else