This Week on Media Mornings is a weekly podcast of our best interviews, headlines & music from the past week’s daily Media Mornings show, broadcast every weekday at 7 a.m. on 100.5 fm. This week, we present a BC Election Special before the polls open on Tuesday, May 14.
- 03:00 — This week’s top news headlines.
- 18:00 — Interview with Charlie Smith (editor, The Georgia Straight), on Vancouver’s alternative newspaper’s election slate choices, ex-MLA Kash Heed’s admission he will not be voting in this election, the impact of the BC Rail scandal on the Liberals and the falsified Adrian Dix memo on the NDP, whether negative advertising actually works, and more. Interviewed by David P. Ball.
- 30:00 — Interview with Jane Sterk (Leader, Green Party of BC; Victoria-Beacon Hill riding), on whether the Greens will elect their first provincial politician in Canada, as well as LNG/Natural gas’ impact on climate change, vote splitting, and a ban on fracking, and whether the NDP are telling the truth about opposing pipelines and tankers. Interviewed by David P. Ball.
- 40:00 — Interview with Shane Simpson (MLA, BC NDP Caucus Chair; Vancouver-Hastings riding) on international labour solidarity, the latest narrowing polls, and criticism of the NDP’s affordable housing plan. Interviewed by Irwin Oostindie.
- 55:00 — Interview with Sam Sullivan (BC Liberal candidate, Vancouver-False Creek riding; former Mayor of Vancouver), on his tumultuous history with Premier Christy Clark, the BC Rail scandal, marijuana decriminalization, and more. Interviewed by David P. Ball.
- 1:05:00 — Interview with Allison Griner (reporter with The Tyee) and Indigenous artist Chris Bose (member of the N’laka’pamux Nation), about the Ajax Mine in Kamloops as a BC election issue.
- Music: Class Action Ska (“Rise Up”), Michael Franti (“Nobody Right, Nobody Wrong”), M.I.A. (“The World”), Lee Harvey Osmond (“Cuckoo’s Nest”).