This Week on Media Mornings is a weekly podcast of the best interviews & top headlines from the past week’s Media Mornings independent news hour, broadcast every weekday at 7 a.m. on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm.
- 02:50 — This week’s top Canadian and international news headlines.
- 17:00 — Interview with Éric Grenier (threehundredeight.com) on how pollsters got the BC election predictions so wrong.
- 30:40 — Interview with Gurpreet Singh (Radio India talk show host) discusses shortcomings of polling, weaknesses of NDP campaign, and results in Surrey.
- 40:00 — Interview with Grand Chief Stewart Phillip (President of the Union of BC Indian Chiefs) talks impact of BC Liberal victory on Indigenous people in BC. Will mean an “era of conflict and confrontation” “Indigenous peoples of the province will continue to protest pipelines & mines.. greater urgency to building alliances.”
- 50:00 — Interview with Jen Moore (Mining Watch Canada), informs us of revelations (obtained through Access to Information Act) that the Federal Conservative government has used public resources to support a Canadian mining company in Mexico that is accused of connections to the murder of a mining activist and political corruption.
- Music: Chris Hadfield (perf. David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” on the International Space Station), Nirvana (“Opinion”), Bruce Cockburn (“Call It Democracy” live), A Tribe Called Red (“NDN Stakes” from new album Nation II Nation).