W2MEDIA.CA | Listen to today’s 7-8am broadcast of Media Mornings on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
To listen on mobile device or to download MP3: CLICK HERE.
- Hosted by David P. Ball & Media Mornings guest contributor Maayan Kreitzman.
- 04:00 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 20:40 — Interview with Andrea Reimer (Vancouver city councillor) & Karen Joseph (executive director, Reconciliation Canada) on Vancouver’s Year of Reconciliation with Aboriginal peoples, including a planned walk on September 22.
- 43:00 — Interview with Charlie Smith (editor, The Georgia Straight), on Liberal leader Justin Trudeau’s pro-marijuana legalization announcement, the Sensible BC pot referendum, the crackdown on medical marijuana growers, and swirling controversies over Glee star Cory Monteith’s heroin overdose in Vancouver — including one Calgary columnist blaming Insite safe injection site for the death, even though it does not dispense any drugs. Plus will city council extend public input in the Local Area Planning Processes underway?
- Music: The Boom Booms (“Delivered”), The Zolas (“No Talking”), Dalannah Gail Bowen (“Just Don’t Like The Deal Goin’ Down”), Chin Injeti (“Love Is Not War”).
- Event announcement: Salish Sea Summer Gathering: Saturday, July 28, 12-8:30pm (@ Cates Park in North Vancouver, Tsleil-Wautuuth nation)—Speak out against the Kinder Morgan oil sands pipeline and tankers, with 10 live bands incl. The Boom Booms, Chin Injeti, Dalannah Gail Bowen, T.Nile, Ostwelve and more! Plus 10 speakers, a salmon BBQ, traditional canoes, and more!