W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- Sunday in Calgary – Neil Young concluded a high profile tour across Canada to raise awareness about the devastation that tar sands expansion is causing to First Nations and the environment. – Globe and Mail Audio from Winnipeg Concert
- The Vancouver Sun reports that Tim Jones, a team leader of North Shore Rescue died on Mount Seymour Sunday night, a member of the group wrote on its Facebook page. Details on what caused the death of the well-known rescuer are not yet known
- In BC news, labour leaders are calling for a stronger response after word no charges will be laid against those responsible for a deadly explosion at a Burns Lake sawmill which happened two years today. – TheTyee.ca
- Larry Pynn of The Vancouver Sun reports that a coal spill endangers aquatic life in Burnaby’s Silver Creek. The coal spill, the result of last week’s CN/CP train derailment north of Burnaby lake, spilled metallurgical coal into thecreek.
- In international news Stephen Harper arrived in Israel to a very warm welcome from his counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu. – Globe and Mail
- Two Canadians were among those killed Friday in the Afghan capital. – CBC.ca
- Al Jazeera reports: Syria’s political opposition has threatened to withdraw from international peace talks scheduled this week if an invitation made to Iran is not rescinded.
- January 20, 2014 news from http://www.radiolabour.net/
- Music and Culture:
- Clips from Gender Failure by Ivan Coyote and Rae Spoon