W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- 05:00 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 20:00 — Interview with Kevin Washbrook (Voters Taking Action on Climate Change) on Port Metro Vancouver’s announcement they are delaying a decision on Fraser Surrey Docks’ controversial coal terminal proposal until it can further examine health impact concerns.
- 32:00 — Interview with Charlie Smith (editor, The Georgia Straight) on concerns over the use of the Vancouver Police Department’s former station on Main Street—and whether it will become social housing or a high-tech hub. Plus two upcoming Black History Month events.
- 44:50 — Interview with Deejay NDN (member of A Tribe Called Red) on their two Juno nominations and upcoming Vancouver concerts on Friday and Saturday.
- 54:00 — Interview with Jonny Morris (Director of Public Policy, Research, & Provincial Programs for the Canadian Mental Health Association BC Division) on an upcoming mental health-focused consultation CMHA is conducting as the province reaches out for citizens’ thoughts and ideas surrounding disability and accessibility in B.C. (Monday, Feb. 24, 2:30-5p.m. @ Creekside Community Centre).
LISTEN TO INTERVIEW SEGMENT: CMHA-BC
- Music: Neko Case (“Local Girl”), Mirah (“Education”), A Tribe Called Red (“Electric Pow Wow Drum”), A Tribe Called Red (“Bread and Cheese feat. Black Bear”), Kinnie Starr (“Home Is Everywhere”)