W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- Vancouver Coastal Health has recently announced major cuts to community clinics, we talk with Dr Margaret McGregor – a family physician at the Mid-Main Community Health Centre. We discuss how these cuts affect the team-based holistic care at Mid Main. This is a continuation of our series of interviews on health care. (Starts at 17:00 min mark)
- Gurpreet Singh, radio talk show host, journalist founder of Radical Desi magazine and our regular Monday contributor joins us to discuss the impact of Arundhati Roy’s recent visit to Vancouver. (Starts at 31:30 min mark)
- This past Wednesday the BC NDP introduced a private member’s bill “The British Columbia Local Food Act”. Joanne Bays National Manager of Farm to Cafeteria Canada discusses this positive step against the backdrop of the dismantling of the Agricultural Land Reserve. (47 min mark)
- Today’s news headlines.
- Music today included: Little Miss Higgins and the Winnipeg Five – Heavy Train, Joe Nolan – Plain Jane, Sheetal Sathe – Aye Bhagat Singh Tu Zinda Hain, Kevin Drew – Mexican Aftershow Party.