W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- How many of us have pledged to never read the on line comment section again…? How many of us have felt paralyzed as a result of vitriolic hate filled comments….? Last year researchers in the US, conducted an experiment designed to measure what one might call “the nasty effect” . To discuss this we are joined by one of the researchers – Dietram Scheufele, a professor in Science Communication at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. (Starts about 48 min mark)
- The resource extraction industry has saturated BC media – including social media – with their advertizing. To get an overview of this PR campaign we talkwith Emma Gilchrist Deputy Editor, DeSmog Canada – the online source for accurate, fact based information regarding global warming misinformation campaigns. (Starts about 32 min mark)
- We discuss the one year anniversary of the Rana Plaza Collapse in Bangladesh and worker safety here and abroad with our regular Wednesday contributer – Joey Hartman. (Starts app 16 min mark)
- Thurs Apr 24 – 11:30 am – Rana Plaza Collapse 1 year anniversary where over 1100 workers died in a Bangladesh garment factory that supplies the North American and European markets. BC Fed is organizing a protest at “The Children’s Place” at Metrotown right off the skytrain station. This is one of the clothing chains that refuses to sign the safety accord.
- Mon Apr 28 – noon at New Westminster Quay – right in front of Boathouse – annual ceremony for the Day of Mourning for Workers Killed and Injured on the job.
- Don’t miss renowned labor singer Anne Feeney and queer riot-folk troubadour Evan Greer when they stop in VANCOUVER on APRIL 26th during the Carry it On Tour, a multigenerational activist music singalong honoring the legacy of Pete Seeger. 2pm matinee (come early for brunch!) @ Heartwood Community Cafe 317 E Broadway, Vancouver http://www.heartwoodcc.ca/ Donations gladly accepted.