W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- Recent weeks supporters of LGBTQ+ rights have had two major victories – the vote of the members of the BC Law Society against a proposed Law School at Trinity Western University and the Vancouver School Board’s vote for a strengthened Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity policy. We discuss these victories with lawyer and activist barbara findley. (33 min mark)
- Vancouver Coastal Health has announced massive cuts to community health clinics. Mid Main Community Health Centre has said these cuts will devastate their unique multi-disciplinary team-based care. To discuss the Mid Main and the efforts to stop the cuts and build support Media Mornings is joined by public policy analyst and social activist Marcy Cohen. To support this model of health care go to: http://supportmidmain.ca/ Public meeting on June 24 at 7:00 pm at Heritage Hall, 3102 Main Street (49:20 min mark)
- Music today included: Kate Reid and a Tribe Called Red.
- Plus news headlines.