W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- Israel has hit the Gaza Strip with air strikes and artillery fire yet again, as diplomatic efforts to halt the bloodshed intensified. As of Monday, July 14th, the Palestinian death toll from the Israeli air campaign hit 172 with another 1,230 people wounded, the emergency services said. Fearing for their lives, about 17,000 people have taken shelter in installations of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA, the agency said in a statement. As the death toll rose, the Gaza-based Palestinian Centre for Human Rights said most of the victims were civilians, putting their number at more than 130, among them 35 children and 26 women. It also said Israel had destroyed 147 homes and badly damaged hundreds of others. So far, no Israelis have been killed, although Hamas has fired hundreds of rockets into the country since the fighting began on July 8, an army spokeswoman told AFP late Sunday.
- One of the many organizations expressing outrage about the Israeili attack on Gaza is Independent Jewish Voices – Canada – we talked with their Campaign Coordinator, Tyler Levitan,
- An Emergency Rally was held Saturday July 12th in Vancouver and in cities around the world. Next protest planned for Saturday July 19 2 pm at Vancouver Art Gallery (Corner of Robson and Hornby)