W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- 07:00 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 23:40 — Interview with Ana David Emery (Latinas in Action) on Latin Summer Fest this Sunday, August 17 at Trout Lake Park, as well as hopes for a permanent memorial to Lucia Vega Jimenez, who died in Canada Border Services Agency custody last December.
- 34:15 — Interview with Joey Hartman (president, Vancouver District Labour Council) on how whistleblower protection could have prevented Imperial Metals Corp.’s Mount Polley tailings dam disaster, and the role that unions can play in speaking out on health and safety. Plus how labour will choose which municipal election candidates to endorse this November.
- 49:20 — Interview with Kristian Secher (Journalist, The Tyee) on his extensive research on fisheries and conservation issues in B.C. and differences in our media environment from Europe.
- Music: Calle 13 (“Perseguido”), Greg MacPherson (“Company Store”), Nine Inch Nails (“A Warm Place”).