W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- 06:10 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 21:00 — Interview with Gurpreet Singh (editor, Radical Desi magazine) on why he resigned as a host on Radio India over what he says is censorship of critics of new Prime Minister Narender Modi, and the long shadow of India’s 1975 declaration of state of emergency.
- 37:40— Interview with Charlie Smith (editor, The Georgia Straight) on the dangers of toxins in plastics including Triclosan and how people can reduce their effects, plus the return to Canada of ‘Prince of Pot’ Marc Emery after five years in US jail, and how his supporters may be galvanized by his release.
- 49:40 — Interview with Gord Hoekstra (investigative journalist, Vancouver Sun) on Imperial Metals Corp.’s Mount Polley mine tailings spill, the company’s insurance coverage being lower than likely cost of cleanup, and new First Nations blockades and evictions of Imperial Metals, plus how this disaster may affect policy and regulation in the future.
- Music: Michael Franti (“Tolerance”), Portishead (“Plastic”), Owen Pallett (“Sky Behind the Flag”), Mirah (“Oxen Hope”).