W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- 04:10 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 22:00 — Interview with Cara McKenna (freelance journalist, Globe & Mail, Canadian Press, editor of Salish Sea Sentinel) on provinces’ calls for a national inquiry on missing and murdered indigenous women, and Harper’s comments on the issue being about crime, not “sociology.” Plus Canada’s lack of wildlife protection laws from oil and mine spills.
- 32:20 — Interview with Travis Lupick (freelance journalist, Al Jazeera; contributing editor, The Georgia Straight) on dangers facing freelance overseas reporters in war zones, and ISIL’s kidnapping and killing of journalists in Syria. Plus Vancouver police ‘crackdown’ on marijuana stores and mental health policing challenges.
- 49:30 — Interview with Crawford Killian (The Tyee) on the BC Teachers Federation strike, sticking points in negotiations, and media myopia on the context behind the dispute.
- Music: Owen Pallett (“Secret Seven”), Brewer and Shipley (“One Toke Over the Line”), Blue Oyster Cult (“Career of Evil”), PJ Harvey (“Words that Maketh Murder”).