W2MEDIA.CA | Today’s 7-8am Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm:
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- 06:00 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 21:00 — Interview with Glen and Nicholas Chernen, two brothers running for Vancouver City Council on the Cedar Party slate and hoping to win a minority opposition on council to push for transparency, a lobbyist registry for City Hall, and electoral finance reform.
- 37:30 — Interview with Charlie Smith (editor of the Georgia Straight) on last night’s municipal election debate, and transit proposals in the civic campaign including a universal transit pass, Broadway corridor rapid transit controversy, and Georgia Viaduct teardown and big developers.
- 55:00 — Audio clip from a confrontation over Imperial Metals’ Ruddock Creek mine, which has faced eviction orders from Secwepemc land defenders. Yesterday, an Indigenous resistance group under the name of Secwepemc Ts’ka7 Warriors burned a bridge connected to a proposed British Columbia zinc and lead mine owned by the company, currently under fire for its Mount Polley tailings dam collapse in August.
- Music: Dubgee (“Relevant Development”), Michael Franti (“Sweet Little Lies”), Wyrd Sisters (“Farewell to Clayoquot Sound”), Beirut (“Canals of the City”)