W2MEDIA.ORG | 7-8am 100.5fm: Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour.
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- 05:30 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 21:00 — Interview with Fay Blaney (co-chair, Women’s Memorial March Committee and Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre “Warriors Organizing Women” group) on Saturday, Feb. 14 Women’s Memorial March event (planned for noon, Main and Hastings) and the importance of story and prayer in healing and resisting violence against Indigenous women.
- 34:00 — Interview with Mel Matining (Community Development Manager, Heartwood Community Cafe) on the restaurant’s progressive events space since it changed from the Rhizome Cafe, the vision “to nourish the spirit of social justice and liberation.” And a current fundraising campaign to support its pay-what-you-can Soup for the People program.
- 49:30 — Interview with Travis Lupick (reporter, The Georgia Straight) on new data that 90 per cent of police-involved deaths in Vancouver being linked to mental health or addictions issues, and that only 40 per cent of coroners’ inquest recommendations being heeded by police. And what the VPD are doing to address a growing crisis.
- Music: IsKwe (“Will I See You”), Laydy Jams (“lemonade”), DiggingRoots (“Hwy 17”), A Tribe Called Red (“Woodcarver”)