http://www.w2media.org » Weekdays 7-8am 100.5fm: Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour.
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
- Preview of “The Right to Dissent Under Bill C-51” Public Forum (Starts at 40 min mark)
- Joey Hartman (Vancouver and District Labour Council) and host Jane Bouey discuss workers action movements for non-union /low waged workers. (Starts at 22 min mark)
- Music today included: Whistleblower – Arkells, The Company Store – Amelia Curran, Mean Machine – Kinnie Starr.
- Right to Dissent Under Bill C-51 – 7 pm Wed March 18. Mt Pleasant Neighbourhood House 800 E Broadway– Public forum on the implications of Bill C-51 for those who oppose government policies. Speakers include Carmen Cheung of the BC Civil Liberties Association, who is one of Canada’s leading legal critics of Bill C-51, and Itrath Syed, a PhD Candidate in the School of Communication at Simon Fraser University, where her doctoral project involves an analysis of the discursive regimes that govern Muslim subjectivities in Canada post 9/11.Free admission, all welcome to join the discussion.
- 8th Annual Community March Against Racism Sat March 21 Starts at 1 pm at Clark Park (Commercial Drive and 14th)
Unceded xʷməθkwəy̓əm, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, and Səl̓ílwətaʔ territories, Vancouver
- Panel Discussion – Bill C-51 SFU Institute for the Humanities Tues March 24 6:30 pm Wosk Centre for Dialogue, 580 West Hastings
- April 28th is the National Day of Mourning for Workers Killed or Injured on the Job. Here is a list of events that will be taking place.
- In Vancouver Day of Mourning – April 28th 5 pm Vancouver Art Gallery – Georgia Street Side.
- May 1st – May Day. 5 pm Clark Park (Commercial and 14th) Marching to Grandview Park.
- Audio today from Press for Truth.