http://www.w2media.org » Weekdays 7-8am 100.5fm: Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour.
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
Toronto Star columnist Tim Harper.
- 04:25 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 20:00 — Interview with West Vancouver-based composer Lloyd Burritt about his new chamber opera, Miracle Flight 571, which premieres in Vancouver on Sunday and next year in Toronto. It re-frames the story of the 1972 plane crash in the Andes which was depicted in the Hollywood film ‘Alive’ — but this telling is from the memories of one of the actual survivors.
- 35:45 — Interview with Micheal Vonn (policy director, BC Civil Liberties Association) on the next steps now that Bill C-51, the controversial anti-terrorism bill, has passed into law — and why it should concern Canadians not only for its sweeping powers and unconstitutional amendments, but even from a national security perspective it may put us at risk, she argues.
- 49:50 — Interview with Tim Harper (national affairs columnist, The Toronto Star), about the Senate expenses scandal, a new scathing report, and the latest surprises in the Mike Duffy trial. He argues in his latest column that the Senate is now faced with a watershed change-or-die moment.
- Music: Lloyd Burritt (excerpts from Miracle Flight 571 opera), The Zolas (“Observatory”), Regina Spektor (“You’ve Got Time”)