http://www.w2media.org » Weekdays 7-8am 100.5fm: Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour.
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- From 7-8 a.m. PT, livestream the broadcast.
- To listen on a mobile device or download MP3, click “Download audio file” from latest show.
Cindy Blackstock, founder of the First Nations Children & Families Caring Society (photo: Pawel Dwulit)
- 10:00 — Today’s top news headlines from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 23:00 — Interview with Cindy Blackstock (founder of the First Nations Children & Families Caring Society) about her landmark $20,000 award from the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal for the federal government’s “retaliation” against her for filing a Supreme Court lawsuit over unequal funding for Aboriginal child welfare in Canada, after a previous win criticizing government surveillance of her private life.
- 37:00 — Interview with Brent Toderian (former top city planner for Vancouver; founder of Toderian UrbanWorks) on the Transit Plebiscite’s 62 per cent rejection of a $7.5 billion transportation plans.
- 50:45 — Interview with Travis Lupick (reporter, Georgia Straight) on the Transit Plebiscite, plus an exodus from the BC NDP to Alberta following Rachel Notley’s historic win there.
- Music: A Tribe Called Red & Buffy Ste-Marie (“Working for the Government”), Arcade Fire
(“No Cars Go”).