Media Mornings » w2media.org »
Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on 100.5fm in Vancouver.
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- Or weekdays 7-8 a.m., livestream the broadcast.
- 05:55 —Today’s top news headlines: from local to global current affairs — radio news roundup you won’t hear anywhere else.
- 18:30 — Interview with Kathy Tomlinson (investigative reporter, the Globe and Mail) on how Canadian banks are facilitating the movement of overseas financial transfers reported as “suspicious” to authorities — and what it might mean for Vancouver’s housing prices.
- 35:30 — Interview with Andrew MacLeod (Legislature Bureau Chief, TheTyee.ca) on why health care, a top issue for Canadian voters, hasn’t emerged yet on the election campaign — and what the big challenges and fixes might be for Medicare.
- 47:00 — Interview with Jane Bouey (Media Mornings co-host and producer) on this Sunday’s Grandparents Stroll in New Westminster.
- 51:00 — Interview with Travis Lupick (reporter and contributing editor, The Georgia Straight) on the differences between federal party positions on marijuana — and between decriminalization as the NDP proposes, and the Liberals’ full legalization plan. Plus his nomination for a Webster on B.C. prisoners and mental health support.
- Music by Feist (“Anti-Pioneer”), Alt-J (“Nara”), Dan Mangan (“It Starts with Them, It Ends with Us”), Doug Paisley feat. Feist (“Learn to Lose”).