W2MEDIA.ORG | Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on Vancouver Co-op Radio 100.5 fm
( ( ( LISTEN TO PODCAST ) ) )
- TODAY’S SHOW Host: Jane Bouey @janebouey
- 0:00 Intro, Weather & News
- 21:00 – Many communities in BC lack essential sexual assault services – we discuss this urgent issue with Joey Hartman ( Vancouver and District Labour Council) – who last week was part of a delegation who raised the issue at the Legislature.
- 37:00 The City of Port Coquitlam is considering becoming certified Living Wage employers – we talk with BC’s Living Wage organizer – Deanna Ogle about how listeners can let Port Coquitlam know we support this initiative. http://www.livingwageforfamilies.ca/
- 46:30 Audio from the March 13th Keep the Peace – Stop Site C Rally. Harold Steves – Site C is a proposed 60-metre high, 1,050-metre-long hydroelectric dam on the Peace River on Treaty 8 territory in northeastern British Columbia. It would create an 83-kilometre-long reservoir submerging 78 First Nations heritage sites, burial grounds and places of cultural and spiritual significance in flagrant violation of the Constitution Act, while also flooding approximately 5,550 hectares of ALR land. Stay tuned to the campaign to protect the Peace River Valley on Facebook at Peace Valley Environment Association, on Twitter @SavePeaceValley or visit our website, www.SaveBCfromSiteC.ca
- Rallies across Canada have been organized for Sat., March 19 to mark the anniversary of the 2003 US Led war against Iraq. Canada’s participation in recent wars and interventions in Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq and other countries has not brought peace and social justice – only more conflict and chaos. In Vancouver it will be held Saturday March 19th, 2 pm – Waterfront Station. Organized by StopWar.ca