Media Mornings » w2media.org »
Media Mornings independent Canadian news hour on 100.5fm in Vancouver.
( ( ( LISTEN ONLINE ) ) )
- Or weekdays 7-8 a.m., livestream the broadcast.
- 2:00 – Min Mark – Intro – plus today’s top news headlines: Black Lives Matter Vancouver meets Mayor Gregor, MMIWG Inquiry draws criticism for not challenging police and criminal justice system, and more!
- 24:45 – Turkey coup being taken advantage of by Erdogan’s government but leftist communities fear the crackdown by pro-government mobs. Plus hear from Baris Karaagac and Ariel Salzmann discuss the July 15th coup attempt and say the Turkish president will use the crisis to eliminate all dissent from the judiciary and the military
- 38:45 – Tragically Hip last tour across Canada comes to Vancouver Sunday and Tuesday.
- 41:45 – Paul Jay of the Real News Network says Donald Trump the new Republican Presidential candidate brings America closer to fascism.
- 49:00 Teaser for the Aug 21 Tsleil-Waututh Cultural Arts Festival
- 51:00 Melanie Matining on Heartwood Cafe closing and an upcoming panel event on Alternative Spaces on Aug 3+4. For many communities that have been marginalized, gathering can be a source and site of healing, of community growth, of community bridging and building. In some ways, especially in cities like Vancouver marked by histories of colonial histories on unceded territories and in a culture of isolation, creating a space to gather can be seen as a revolutionary act.
With the closure of Heartwood, along with so many other community spaces under threat of reno- and demovictions, lack of funding, our community spaces and centres for community and movement building are depleting. What can we do together to create thriving communities? How can we make space?
Join us for a TWO-PART event showcasing and lifting voices of East Vancouver community members creating and facilitating community spaces in Vancouver.